All businesses have been impacted by the Covid-19 outbreak in some way, and many are struggling to adapt. However, there is something every business can still offer their customers: blog content.
If you have a business blog and you’re not sure what to write about, here are 50 content ideas to keep your audience engaged and strengthen your reputation during these unprecedented times.
Find out what stories are trending right now in your industry. Use social media, Google Trends, trade publications, and content aggregator sites such as Feedly and Reddit to discover what people are talking about. Content ideas:
1. Breaking news in your industry.
2. Your reaction to recent industry reports and statistics.
3. How your industry is responding to Covid-19.
4. Seasonal events that you can relate to your product or service.
5. Current industry trends and future opportunities.
6. A list of links to government web pages, regarding Covid-19.
7. A list of the most up-to-date online tools for your niche.
Update customers on your business and operations. Content ideas:
8. Showcase your employees and their work, including photos.
9. Explain how you’re helping employees during Covid-19.
10. Describe your company history.
11. Write up your mission statement and share it in a blog post.
12. Reveal how your company is helping the local community or charities.
13. Let customers know how you are helping them during Covid-19.
14. Explain new company policies due to the current situation.
15. Share your company goals and vision for the future.
Working from Home Tips
With many more employees working from home, people are looking for tips on working remotely. Content ideas:
16. Productivity tips for employees working from home.
17. How to divide work and home life successfully.
18. Ways to transform a home space into a working environment.
19. Best communication tools for remote workers.
20. How to stay mentally focused when working from home.
21. Top collaboration tools for employees working remotely.
Aside from work responsibilities, many people are looking to fill the void created by social isolation with entertainment. Even if it isn’t directly related to your business, people will appreciate the distraction. Content ideas:
22. A guide on how to find the best entertainment online.
23. Uplifting news stories related to Covid-19.
24. Fun activities to enjoy as a family.
25. Creative hobbies to learn in lockdown.
26. Ideas for fun group video calls when you’re stuck at home.
27. Find the best jokes in your niche and share them in a post.
Can you teach your audience something? Use your industry knowledge to inform, educate, and build your credibility. Content ideas:
28. An excerpt from a white paper, including a link to the full content.
29. A series of blog posts highlighting individual products or services.
30. Answer your most frequently asked questions.
31. Tips for using a product or service more effectively.
32. Reviews of industry products.
33. Recommend the best books in your niche.
34. Interview an influencer.
35. Create a cheat sheet, featuring tricks of the trade.
Mental Health Advice
Anxiety levels in the population are higher than ever before, so people are looking for words of comfort and advice. Don’t be afraid to offer help and guidance at this time. Content ideas:
36. Tips on how to relieve stress and stay positive at home.
37. How to talk to children about the coronavirus.
38. The best video conferencing tools to help people connect with others.
39. Physical activities to improve your mental health.
40. Ideas to keep your mind active during Covid-19.
41. A roundup of your most uplifting blog posts of the year.
People are also seeking out positive articles that make them feel better about themselves and the world. Deliver content that offers hope and inspiration. Content ideas:
42. Positive stories about how employees are dealing with Covid-19.
43. Provide a list of inspirational podcasts.
44. Share positive customer stories.
45. Give your readers a list of inspirational quotes.
46. Share your company’s passion for a certain issue.
47. Tell readers what you love about your work.
48. Share the top things you’ve learned in the past year.
49. Ask employees what inspires them and share the results.
50. Survey your audience. Ask various questions and publish the results.
Over to You
The last idea is crucial. From time to time, it’s important to ask your audience for feedback about your content. What do they want you to write about? Use the feedback as a guide to what you should be posting going forward.
Publishing blog content may be one of the last things on your mind as your business adapts to Covid-19. However, keeping in touch with your audience and offering helpful content is key to building your reputation and making sure your business is not forgotten in these unusual times. Hopefully, these 50 blog content ideas will help you deliver more meaningful, engaging content for the foreseeable future.
If you have any questions, our team would be more than happy to help. Call us today at (484) 893-4055.